Bar Exam Application
Eligibility Requirements to take the Bar Exam
- Rule 2 addresses eligibility requirements for applicants who have a J.D. from an ABA-approved law school.
- Rule 13 sec. 3 addresses eligibility requirements for applicants who have a J.D. from a state-accredited law school.
- Rule 13 sec. 4-5 address eligibility requirements for foreign-trained applicants.
- Create a personal ATLAS account on this website.
- From your ATLAS account, complete a Bar Exam Application.
- Electronically submit your application and pay the filing fee.
- Upload required documents. Keep originals on hand—you must mail them to us upon request.
- Arrange for third parties to provide documents to us.
- Update your mailing address, email address, and all other information as needed while your application is pending.
Other Licensing Requirements.
To be eligible for licensure, you will need to satisfy the following requirements within 2 years of passing the bar exam:
- Be certified by the Board as having present good moral character and fitness.
- Score 85 or higher on the MPRE.
- Satisfy the requirements of Rule 2(a)(5).
- Be willing to take the required Oath.