If you applied to use your laptop for the February 2020 Texas Bar Exam, additional detailed instructions will be sent to you just before the laptop registration period opens. Basically, during the laptop registration period, you will need to
(1) Pay $70 to ILG for ILG Exam360 (plus an additional $75 late fee, if you wait until the Late Laptop Registration period).
(2) Download ILG Exam360 to the laptop you plan to use at the February 2020 Bar Exam. (Be sure your laptop meets the minimum system requirements.)
(3) Complete the Trial Exam. (Complete as many trial exams as you wish. Use ILG Exam360 trial exams to answer practice essays, if you like.)
(4) Upload your Trial Exam answers.
If you properly registered your laptop, you will use it on Tuesday and Thursday of the Bar Exam. Instructions for launching ILG Exam360 will be distributed to you on Tuesday and Thursday at the exam site. You must read and follow these instructions.
On Thursday, you must leave your laptop at your seat in the exam room during the lunch break. Staff and security will be present in the exam room during the break to monitor laptops and other belongings.
Once you open your laptop in the Secure Area, you must launch ILG Exam360 immediately—you cannot use your laptop to read notes, check e-mail, or browse the internet. Once in the Secure Area, accessing anything on your laptop other than ILG Exam360 is a violation of the Honor Pledge. Exam day procedures can be found under the "Laptop" tab on the Frequently Asked Questions page. Please make sure your question is not already addressed in ILG Exam360's Frequently Asked Questions or in the information and sources below before contacting the Board of Law Examiners.
Supplemental Required, Permitted, and Prohibited Items for Laptop Examinees.
- Required: Laptop, power cord, extension cord (must be able to reach outlet 8 feet away).
- Permitted: External keyboard, mouse. (Wireless devices may be used, but removable chips or dongles are not permitted.)
- Prohibited: Removable chips, removable cards, dongles, flash drives, CDs, DVDs, and any other removable media or device other than a keyboard or mouse.
Note: Your laptop does not need to have a USB port--we do not require a manual USB backup.
You are responsible for ensuring that your email program does not block communications from the Texas Board of Law Examiners (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org).
ALL TECHNICAL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO ILG Technologies, LLC via submitting a technical support ticket either from your user homepage or directly from within ILG Exam360.