You must complete the fingerprinting process if you are:
- A Texas law student who is submitting a Declaration of Intention to Study Law.
- A new applicant who was not required to submit a Declaration of Intention to Study Law. (Re-applicants do not have to get fingerprinted again.)
Fingerprints provided with a Declaration or Application will be used to check criminal history records with the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, in accordance with applicable statutes. The Board of Law Examiners shall provide applicants the opportunity to complete, or challenge the accuracy of, the fingerprint results. Procedures for changing, correcting, or updating an FBI identification record are set forth in Title 28, C.F.R., Sec. 16.34.
The service code will be provided to you once you submit your Declaration or Application.
If you reside in Texas, you must be electronically fingerprinted.
- Schedule an appointment to be electronically fingerprinted by MorphoTrust USA at one of their IdentoGo enrollment centers. You must be fingerprinted within 30 days of the date you submit your application, but may not be fingerprinted prior to submission of your application.
- Internet based scheduling is the quickest and most convenient way to obtain a fingerprint appointment. Have the service code ready and make your appointment online here: https://uenroll.identogo.com
- If you prefer to schedule over the phone, have the service code ready and call 1-888-467-2080.
- Arrive at your scheduled appointment with your photo identification and fee.
- MorphoTrust accepts Visa/MasterCard/Discover/American Express, business checks, money orders and coupon codes (employer accounts) at the time of service.
- Please note that personal checks and cash are not accepted.
- Your fingerprints will be processed electronically.
- The MorphoTrust enrollment agent will provide you with an IdentoGo receipt stating that you were fingerprinted.
- Do not throw away the receipt.
- You may check status on your submission at https://uenroll.identogo.com; enter the service code and click "Check Status".
If you reside outside of Texas, you may be eligible for electronic fingerprinting.
Below is a list of states that have active FAST locations outside of Texas. You can be printed at any of these locations within these states and the fingerprint transmission will be submitted to us electronically. We will be adding to this list as new states are brought online.
- New Jersey
- New York
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
To view all of the out of state locations, please visit the following link: https://www.identogo.com/locations
If you are not located near an active IdentoGO location, you must complete a paper fingerprint card.
- Pre-enroll with MorphoTrust USA.
Pre-enroll on-line. It is the quickest and most convenient way.
--Go to https://uenroll.identogo.com
--Click "Submit a Fingerprint Card by Mail."
--Complete all required fields.
--Complete the payment screen.
--Print the MorphoTrust Pre-Enrollment Confirmation Page, which contains a barcode. Fill in your contact information. Read and sign the waiver.
If you prefer to pre-enroll over the telephone:
--Call MorphoTrust at 888.467.2080
--Have the service code ready before you call.
--Inform the MorphoTrust representative that you wish to pre-enroll for a "hard card submission."
--Once payment is complete, MorphoTrust will e-mail you a summary confirmation containing a bar code. Print the MorphoTrust Pre-Enrollment Confirmation Page, which contains a barcode. Fill in your contact information. Read and sign the waiver.
- After pre-enrolling with MorphoTrust, visit any law enforcement agency, embassy, or IdentoGO Service Center and have your fingerprints taken on an FBI fingerprint card. You will have 30 days to complete and submit the card to IdentoGO.
1. Visit https://uenroll.identogo.com and enter the service code, or call 1-888-467-2080 to locate an IdentoGo Service Center where fingerprints may be taken in your area.
2. You may check status on your submission at https://uenroll.identogo.com; enter the service code and click "Check Status".
3. Once you have completed your fingerprint card, follow the directions on your MorphoTrust Pre-Enrollment Confirmation Page to mail the fingerprint card to IdentoGO.
If you cannot obtain a fingerprint card from a local law enforcement agency, contact your Licensure Analyst and request that a paper fingerprint card be mailed to you.